Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Quiet Sunday

It is so peaceful and quiet around here today. The weekends usually are mellow and nice. I also discovered the pancake special on Sunday's. Seriously, no one has bothered to tell me that there are different specials this whole time?!?! Well, in all fairness I only get to have a a couple of them that fit my menu...but pancakes!!!!!! MMMmmmmmm!!! So I ordered more and have them sitting here ready for lunch. Really, it is the simple things in life.

I am down to one blood pressure medication (from 3) and my BP is holding steady around the low 100s/60-70's. Good news for me. I am adjusting to my new BP finally, and am able to get my little chicken legs up and around my floor for laps again and am enjoying the views of Mt Rainier, the water and the green trees.

I have been told I may get a break tomorrow from treatments so I am hoping the weather will cooperate and give me a few minutes outside. With all the treatments and blood pressure issues I haven’t been out all week. Hard to believe. It’s been a tiring week and I am glad to be done with it.

I got the most special of treats this week…famous Black and White cookies all the way from New York City!!!!! I am telling you it is hard to find a better cookie!!! It has been fun to share with my nurses and techs who have been so good to me. I have actually created an addict who after tasting them has been online to order her own! Thank you, Elyssa! YOU ARE MY COOKIE GODDESS!!!! I can’t wait to come to New York and sit in the park and chow on one with you…miss you, babe!

Jason picked the boys up on Saturday and headed back to Utah with them for a week’s stay. All of the family there is excited to see them and I am excited for those boys to get some more Daddy and Yorgason family time. Soren turns 5 on Tuesday and will get a big ol’ family party there. When I get back to Chelan, we’ll plan a party with all of his friends.

Well, I hope you all have had a good weekend. All my best – thank you for all of your love and support still coming my way.

Lannette

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad that Soren is being pampered by the Yorgason Fam! I am sure that is a huge relief for you as you've ALWAYS been big on the birthdays. I should know since I've been there for many and helped with the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Lannette cakes. Love you and will come see you soon! Missa

    ReplyDelete