Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Monday 2/2

Hi again,

I am writing while hooked up to dialysis so if this post is a bit confusing you will know why! But, I am tubed for four hours in and out of awareness so i thought i would still try to do this.

I had the most amazing weekend!!! My oldest and dearest friend, Jill, drove 8 hours from Boise to surprise me!!! (We have been friends since the Sunday after I turned 12 and she came up to me at church and introduced herself and took me off to our youth program. I am eternally grateful to her Dad for nudging her in my direction -- we've been friends through it all!) I had NOOOOOOO idea she was even coming. In walks my twin tower (we're both 6') and two of her beautiful red headed children! After having a minor heart attack (good thing they had taken me off the heart monitor the day before - literally), waking everyone on the 7th floor (and probably the 6th and 8th) from cries of joy, I reentered my body and relished every second of it! I hadn't realized how extremely lonely I had been and my heart is now full again. So much more gratitude and love...I can keep going!!!!

NOT ONLY did I get to see my Jilly, Jason took a day out of his precious time with the boys and drove them over to see me!!!!!! HOLY COW!!!!! I could eat them up! What are you guys feeding them over there? They have grown so big. They were nervous at first, since they got here while I was on dialysis, and it is a bit overwhelming with the machine, tubes, blood and my body shaking, so he took them out to explore U of W Campus for a bit while I finished. He then met me in my room where those boys joined me on my bed one under each arm and I got to just hold them. Those warm, healthy strong bodies right up to mine. I could have stayed there forever. My bed isn't the same now. I miss my boys.

Thank you, Jill. Thank you, Jason.

Medically speaking: I have hit a plateau in numbers so I will continue the dialysis M, W, F this week. My ldh levels are up a bit so I am on for plasma work tomorrow and they'll evaluate again after that. My blood pressure is extremely high lately which is why there are punching me with so much dialysis. Trying to get some of my fluid off (I have been edging toward 200 lbs and I guess they decided that was getting a bit much for my body to handle so off it is coming -- 10 lbs gone in four hours yesterday). The treatment is rough and hard on me, but I am feeling more energy upon completion, and with some of the memory foam fluid gone from my body I am able to get up and around a lot more easily. In fact, I walked down from the 7th floor to the 4th for my treatment today. A first.

I am starting to fade and am going to sign off for a rest. 3 hours to go....
Love to you all! L

1 comment:

  1. Lannette,
    So good to read a post actually written by you and hear that you are okay. I'm glad you are heading in the right direction. I'm glad your boys got to see you and that Jason could come up there. I'm glad you have family and friends there to support you and be there for you.
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete