Thursday, January 22, 2009

Howdy!

Hi all!!!

We hope that you are all doing well and I want you to to know how incredibly grateful we are for all of the love and support that we, my family and especially my boys, are receiving.

We want to you also to know that from our point of view...on this blog, sometimes no news is good news. We still have no further information from the doctors as far as cause, cure or time frames. My numbers on labs are moving in the right directions and we will just keep at this in hopes that I will get out of here soon. We are both doing everything possible to make that happen. One of the most important things...a great attitude...

I had a wonderful day today. The best part -- a date with Doug. We finally got through treatments, doctors, nurses, social work, PT, OT, etc, and out he came with my slippers, warm clothes, a comfy blanket, a clean wheelchair and huge smile. Off we went...he helped me choose some fun little trinkets from the gift shop for the boys and then we found the "healing garden" and enjoyed breathing fresh air while standing arm in arm under the stars.

I feel so blessed to have him here. He keeps me laughing everyday. He defines every hard, exhausting experience into something easily overcome. During treatments, while I am shaking and in so much discomfort, he will climb into my bed next to me and hold me til it all passes. He amazes me with his intuitive gentle nature (thank you to his family for sharing him with me, though I am pretty sure you couldn't have him back yet even if you tried - HA!!!).

My favorite Doug line of today..."this is the BEST vacation we've ever won!"

Love and miss you all! Hugs, Lannette(and Doug)

No comments:

Post a Comment