Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday 11 am post

I'd like to start today by letting everyone know what a day in the UW ICU is like for Lannette. She starts her day with various physical and occupational therapies to keep her strength up. and then moves on to dialysis (approx 4 hrs) and plasmapheresis. (approx 3 hrs) She has heart exams, bladder exams, arteriol and veinous exams all throughout the day. She has somebody doing something starting at around 7am and it doesnt let up till 7-8 at night. She is strong today but of course she gets tired. She is certainly not just lying around sleeping all day. Many people are concerned and have asked if she is conscious and coherent. She has never lost consciousness. She does get medication for nausea and pain which basically helps sedate her during the long day of procedures.

As for today.... Her blood work has had its most significant improvement over night. There are many different aspects of her blood that they have been monitoring. It would be hard to go into each one but let me say that some have been high and some have been low, but all seem to be climbing or falling back to safer zones, but the process continues. I hope this makes sense. Word on the street is that she may be moved out of ICU tonight or tomorrow....this is just a rumor but hopefully there is some truth to it. She has started dialysis now and i will update later today to let you all know how the day went and if there are any other updates. Thank you all.

4 comments:

  1. Lannette-
    I'm glad to know that you are doing so much better! Imagine my shock when I called for a late night chat and your sister told me what was going on!
    You now officially have prayers and thoughts going out to you from all over the country (My parents down in florida send their love too!)
    Keep up your strength, and know that we're all thinking of you and love you!
    Elyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not believe my ears when Melissa called me yesterday and told me you were sick. You are your sweet boys are in our prayers. We hope you are able to recover quickly and feel better ASAP. Much love to you all. XO Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug so great of you to keep us all updated. I know that our family has only recently met Lannette but she already has a spot in each of us. It is great to know that things are looking up. I hope that things go well today and she may be out of ICU soon. Let her know that she in our thoughts and prayers, as well as you also as I am sure this is tough on you all. Hope to hear a good report later today.
    Thanks again and keep up the good work:).
    Much Love
    Jamie Jerod Sydnee and Kynadee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug and Lanette,
    just so you know... Doug you don't know me.... I lived with Lanette in Israel. Thank you for telling all of us. That was very thoughtful. Lanette you are in our prayers ofcourse. Also my parents are going to want to send a card, is that alright and to where? I assume that you would post or ask if you need somthing... but you never assume, soooo... you need money, time, service, an Organ... you name it. I mean it too. I have no reservation about such minuscule items. I might live in Utah, but it does not matter. Space is not a limitation. By the way I am B positive... you need my kidney, you can have it. You know my love for you, ask of me anything you need. I might not be family but you ask and I will do.
    All my love
    Michele

    ReplyDelete