Sunday, October 25, 2009

Update...

Sorry I haven't updated this since surgery, but I haven't had access to a computer. Flo and I are doing great and getting along well. I forgot how much normal people pee though my doctor says part of that is because my bladder shrunk and it will stretch with time and I won't have to get up three times at night. Can't wait!

We are getting out and about every day to walk. I have a special mask that I wear and get a lot of funny looks. They are sure I'm gonna give them swine flu. I finally wrote, "kidney transplant" on the front and get lots of, "God bless you" now.

My creatnine has been 1.2 and 1.1 is the high end of normal, so the drugs are working well. I see the doctor two times a week for now, but she says I am doing so well she is tempted to let me go a bit longer between visits. In the end, we decided it is still so early that we would have one more week of two visits and go from there.

I am feeling great. Still sore from surgery, but feel so much better than before surgery. I look forward to getting back to life, though I am a bit scared of all of the work waiting for me back home. I have been given some very strict rules, so I will be a home body for several months. I have a huge box for all of my medications and they were smart enough to give me a couple of sheets with all of my medications typed up on it, when to take them, information about them and a pill taped to it. Makes me sure I am doing all the right things with my meds. Phew!

Gonna get to bed. I have been having CRAZY dreams since surgery. I'm told it's normal after surgery and with some of the meds I am on. I can hardly wait to see what will come tonight.

Thinking of you all and missing you.
Hugs from a distance,
Lannette

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so glad I came across you on FB. Jason told us what you were going through and I have wondered how you have been. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get the transplant you needed. What an awesome sister you have. I hope your recovery comes quicker now. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lannette,
    I'm so glad you have written since your surgery, and that the recovery is going well. We have thought about you a lot and prayed for you, and I've been wanting to check up on you.

    How is Melissa doing now? When you do get to go home? I wish I could come up and help you during the recovery. I'm sure it will be hard, but PLEASE just take it easy and don't worry about work around the house.

    Keep writing when you can!
    Love ya!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete