Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hitting the big time

Well, finally! My platelets beat 150,000 on Monday coming in at 152,000! As of today - 192,000! Whoo hooo! So, as of right now, no more plasma exchange. I think the weekend home did me some good.

That's right...I went home last weekend to be with my boys. It was exhaustingly wonderful. I got more cuddles than I could have hoped for -- I couldn't get enough of them. Oh, those cute boys just kill me! I did need to take rests throughout the day -- they are so active!

My kidneys still haven't kicked in, but the doctors are hopeful that since my blood is doing well, they will recover fully. Until then, dialysis continues.

Hope all is well there. Hugs to all!
Lannette

5 comments:

  1. Yay! So good to hear! Hope you can make it back to Chelan soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So close!! Now to get you on the schedule in Wenatchee!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY LANNETTE! I'm so glad you are getting better. You are always in our prayers! Love, the Golly's

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I'm so happy to hear good news! I woke up this morning thinking of you, so I ran down to my computer early to check this blog.

    I just can't imagine what you've been through! I'm so glad you got to go home for the weekend and see the boys.

    You're going to recover, and I'm sure you'll come out stronger than ever for what you are experiencing. We'll keep praying for you!

    Here's a quote I've come to love (and I'm sure you can relate to). It's from President Monson, at General Conference, April 2008:

    "At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel’s end—no dawn to break the night’s darkness. We feel surrounded by the pain of broken hearts, the disappointment of shattered dreams, and the despair of vanished hopes. We join in uttering the biblical plea “Is there no balm in Gilead?” We are inclined to view our own personal misfortunes through the distorted prism of pessimism. We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see that you had a opportunity to get home. I've been hoping and praying for you. It's not easy finding one of your friends in your predicament. I hope we can talk soon. Jill tells me that because of the drugs and therapy that you may have forgot to call me. That's ok, we'll have time soon enough. I still have your number, and hope to be able to use it soon. XOXO

    ReplyDelete